BASKETBALL WITH PRINCETON.

Close Game Expected at Princeton This Afternoon.

The basketball team will play Princeton this evening at 7 o'clock in Hemenway Gymnasium. The game should be a close and exciting one. Harvard, although suffering somewhat from the effects of a hard game with Columbia, has improved during the last week, especially in defensive work. Very effective playing is expected of the whole team, especially the two guards, who are very strong, and this coupled with the fact that the contest will take place at home makes the prospect bright. Princeton was defeated by Yale last night by a score of 26 to 20.

Captain Gilles has resigned, as injuries received early in the season prevent his playing, and a new captain will be chosen.

Tickets are on sale at Leavitt's and the Union.

The line-up will be as follows: HARVARD.  PRINCETON. Smith, r.f.  r.f., Wrightson. Clark, Browne, l.f.  l.f., Langdon. Randall, c.  c., Whitehouse. Hanavan, r.g.  r.g., Roper. Fosdick, l.g.  l.g., McCoy.

Below is a table showing the present standing of the teams in the intercollegiate league:   Won.  Lost.  Average. Yale,  5  2  .714 Princeton,  3  3  .500 Columbia,  3  3  .500 Cornell,  2  3  .400 Harvard,  2  4  .333