1904 and 1905 Hockey Teams Win.

The Juniors and the Sophomores defeated the Seniors and the Freshmen in the preliminary games of the interclass hockey series played on the Holmes Field rink yesterday afternoon. In the first game played, the Sophomores defeated the Freshmen in a hard, close contest, by the score of 2 to 0. Owing to the fact that there has been little opportunity for practice, the teamwork on both sides was poor, and the play, although hard, was very ragged. The Sophomores shot much better than their opponents, and also had the advantage of somewhat better team play.

Score--1905, 2; 1906, 0. Goals--Egan, Prentice. Referee--Marshall. Timekeeper--Griffin. Time--15-minute halves.

In the second game, the Juniors plainly outclassed the Seniors, and won easily by the score of 5 goals to 2. As in the Sophomore-Freshman game, the men showed the lack of practice.

Score--1904, 5; 1903, 2. Goals--Robinson 2, Parker 2, Wait 1, Marean 1, Leonard 1. Referee--Wagstaff. Timekeeper--Bennett. Time--15-minute halves.

The final game of the championship series, between the Juniors and Sophomore teams, will be played on the rink this afternoon at 3 o'clock.

The line-up of the two teams will be as follows: 1904.  1905. Parker, l.e.  r.e., Greenough Wait, l.c.  r.c., Egan Pruyn, r.c.  l.c., Wagstaff Robinson, r.e.  l.e., Prentice Kent, c.p.  c.p., Aertsen Marshall, p.  p., Sard Ivy, g.  g., Tilden