1905 Wins Class Hockey.

The Sophomore hockey team won the interclass championship on Saturday afternoon by defeating the Juniors in a spirited game on the Holmes Field rink by the score of 2 goals to 1. The game, as the score shows, was very close and exciting, but was marred by the distinctly rough play of both sides. Neither team played well together and both lost many good chances for easy goals. The Junior forwards, especially, were slow in getting started and their shooting and passing were not particularly good. Aertsen and Egan played the best game for the Sophomores; for the Juniors; Marshall at point and, in the second half, at left end did the best work.

The teams lined-up as follows: 1904.  1905. Parker, Marshall, l.e.  l.e., Prentice Wait l.c.  l.c., Wagstaff Pruyn, r.c.  r.c., Egan Robinson, r.e.  r.e., Calloway Kent, c.p.  c.p., Aertsen Marshall, Snow, p.  p., Sard Ivy. g.  g., Tilden

Score--1905, 2; 1904, 1. Goals--Aertsen, Marshall, Egan. Referee--Notman. Timekeeper--Cutter. Time--15-minute halves.