Drinking Fountain for the Union.

The class of '91 has offered to present to the Union a drinking fountain to be placed somewhere in the corridors of the ground floor. The offer is now being considered by the trustees, but through some delay no definite action has as yet been taken. When the offer was first made, the Trustees wished to have the fountain erected in the corridor leading to the dining room, where water pipes are already in place; but the donors and architect were not willing to place it in such a disadvantageous position and agreed to put in the pipes necessary to placing the fountain on one side or the other of the main entrance to the living-room. The fountain, which has been approved by the architect of the Union, will be about three feet in height, of grey Tennessee marble in strict keeping with its intended surroundings. Over the shell-shaped bowl, and supported on either side by dolphins, is the University shield, carved in high relief on a background studded with objects symbolic of the sea. The whole piece is one of great beauty, and should add greatly to the general effect of the Union hall.