University and Class Hockey.

The Harvard hockey team won its second victory over Brown yesterday afternoon on the rink at Soldiers Field. The teams were more evenly matched than the score of 7 to 1 would seem to show, for it was not until the end of the second half that the Harvard men, by their superior lasting qualities and their excellent team play, were able to gain any considerable advantage over their opponents. The playing was by far the fastest yet seen on the rink and as a result there were several minor accidents. In the first half, with a strong wind against them, the University team prevented Brown from scoring and also secured two goals. In the second half, after Brown had scored once, the Harvard team steadily improved, and made goals in rapid succession. Beardsell, F. J. Goodridge and Laverack for Harvard, and Cooke for Brown, were the best individual players. The teams lined up as follows: Harvard--A. M. Goodridge, goal; Russell, point; Hardy, coverpoint; Laverack, F. J. Goodridge, Hoxie, Beardsell, forwards. Brown -- Chase, goal; Steere, point; Low, coverpoint; Cooke, Pevear, Bartlett, (Bates), Phillips, forwards.

The game which was to have been played between the hockey teams of the Senior and Sophomore classes yesterday afternoon, was postponed until today owing to the non-appearance of the Seniors. The game will be played on Spy Pond this afternoon at half-past three o'clock with the following line-up: 1900--Goodridge, goal; Carpenter, (Farrington), point; Ward or Clement, coverpoint; George, Parker, Drinkwater, Ward, forwards. 1902 -- Pierce, goal; Stevenson, point; Metcalf, coverpoint; Winsor, Chaffee, Pruyn, Burgess, (Cook), forwards.

A team from the Freshman class played St. Mark's School yesterday at Southboro and was defeated by 4 goals to 1.