D. U. Play, "Eastward Ho."

The play chosen this year by the Delta Upsilon Fraternity for its annual Elizabethan revival is "Eastward Ho." a comedy in five acts written in 1605 by Chapman, Johnson and Marston. The dates of the performances will be as follows: April 13, Graduates night; April 14 and 16 at Cambridge; April 17 at Boston. The Cambridge performances will be given at Brattle Hall and that in Boston at the Bijou Theatre. Tickets at $1 each may be had after Monday at Herrick's, Thurston's, or from R. S. Wallace, Thayer 63.

Rehearsals have been in progress for some weeks under the direction of Mr. John Malone of the Players Club. New York. The original text, "as it was played in The Black-fries by the Children of her Majestie's Revels," will be adhered to with even closer fidelity than in previous revivals. A passage reflection upon the Scots in the first impression of "Eastward Ho." resulted in the arrest of its three authors. The comedy was then modified and under the title of an "Alderman no Conjurer" the play was first given in its present form at Dorset Gardens 1685. Frequent references to America and a detailed description of Virginia, as it was then thought of in England, give the dialogue unusual local interest. In movement "Eastward Ho" is a comedy of manners though its dialogue is informed with the keen wit and subtle humor of which these three Elizabethan poets were masters.