The Teachers' Conference.

The Harvard Teachers' Association held its twelfth annual meeting in Sever 11 last Saturday morning. The topic under discussion was "The Time Limit of Secondary Education."

Mr. George I. Aldrich, Superintendent of Schools, Brookline, speaking upon this subject, protested against the advanced admission requirements of the college and particularly of Harvard. President Eliot spoke at some length with reference to the amount of time that should be given to secondary education, and the difficulties involved by the present admission requirements. Reform, he said, in our own system, rather than the adoption of the German system is what is needed.

Following the addresses was a general discussion by Mr. Charles J. Lincoln '65, Headmaster of the Dorchester High School, Professor P. H. Hanus of the Education Department, and others.

At the business session of the meeting, the following officers were elected for the ensuing year: President, F. A. Tupper; vice-presidents, E. H. Nichols and F. H. Beedy; secretary, Professor P. H. Hanus; treasurer, O. B. Oakman. Professor N. S. Shaler was reelected to the executive committee.

The annual dinner of the Association took place in the Assembly Room of the Union, after the open meeting. "Expenditures for Education" was the after-dinner topic. Mr. Edwin P. Seayer '64, Superintendent of Schools, Boston, spoke on "Expenditures for the Public Schools," and Rev. Paul Revere Frothingham '86, of the Arlington Street Church, Boston, and Mr. Robert A. Woods, Head of the South End House, Boston, spoke on "Expenditures in Educational Philanthropy." President Eliot also spoke.