Summer Engineering Camp

The summer engineering camp at Squam Lake, N. H., which will this year be in charge of Mr. H. J. Hughes, instructor in hydraulics and sanitary engineering, will open on Saturday, June 13, and continue eleven weeks, closing on Saturday, August 29. The first six weeks will be taken up by the course in plane surveying, the next three weeks will be given to railroad surveying, and the last two weeks to geodetic surveying.

These courses are prescribed for civil and mining engineers, and are open, without extra charge for tuition, to all students who have been resident at the University for one year. They may also be taken by students from other colleges on the payment of a fee of $20 for plane surveying, and $10 for either railroad or geodetic surveying.

The necessary personal expenses of each student will be about $100, which includes board and transportation. Ten new row boats have been added to the equipment of the camp. A manual giving full information about the camp, the curses, and the outfit which should be taken will soon be published. Maps of the camp are now on sale at the office of the Librarian in Pierce Hall.

All men who propose to attend the camp this summer, including students in the regular engineering courses for which the summer work is prescribed, are requested to send their names and addresses to Mr. H. J. Hughes, 114 Pierce Hall, as soon as possible, stating which courses they intend to take this year.