$125,000 FOR EMERSON HALL

Anonymous Gift of $60,000 Leaves Only $25,000 to be Secured.

An anonymous gift of $50,000 has just been added to the fund for building Emerson Hall, the gift being made conditional upon the completion before Commencement of the amount needed to insure the building of the Hall. The special object of the gift is to encourage the work in social philosophy that is being done under Professor Peabody's direction.

Previous to this gift $65,000 had already been raised by the visiting committee of the philosophy department, and $10,000 more has been promised upon the condition that the fund is completed in time to lay the corner stone of the hall at the centennial of Emerson's birth, May 24. The amount which must be raised in order to insure the building of the hall is $150,000, and as $125,000 of this amount is now assured, only $25,000 is needed before the middle of May, or $35,000 before Commencement, to complete the fund.

Contributions toward the remaining $25,000 of the fund may be sent to the chairman of the visiting committee. George B. Dorr, 18 Commonwealth avenue, Boston; or to the Treasurer of Harvard College, 50 State street, Boston.