Report of Corporation Meetings.

At a meeting of the Corporation on April 13, the Treasurer reported the receipt from the executors of the estate of Mrs. Rebecca C. Ames of her bequest of $50,000, the income of which is to be applied to "the maintenance and support of any of the poor and meritorious students" in Harvard College.

At a meeting of the Corporation on April 27, the Treasurer reported the receipt of $50,000 under the will of Robert C. billings, the distribution of the estate having been sanctioned by the Supreme Court on April 1, 1903, this sum to be kept as a permanent fund, "the income only to be used for the care of poor sick students at the Stillman Infirmary." Under the same will $15,000 has been received for the establishment of the Robert Charles Billings Fund at the Gray Herbarium, the income to be used for the purposes of the Herbarium.

At the annual meeting of the Harvard Club of Buffalo, New York, last Friday evening a special committee reported a plan for the award of the annual scholarship pledged by the club during President Eliot's visit to Buffalo in February. The report of the committee was accepted with a few modifications. The amount of the scholarship was fixed at $200 a year, and will be offered for the first time next autumn. It will be open to any student resident in Erie county who has entered Harvard and who can meet the conditions of eligibility which will be mailed to the various schools of the county at an early day. The gift was accepted at the last meeting of the Corporation.

Five thousand dollars have been received from the Harvard Club of Chicago to found a scholarship in memory of one of its ex-presidents, Dunlap Smith '84, and the income is to be given by preference, first to the sons of Dunlap Smith, then to the sons of present members of the Harvard Club, and finally to other residents of Chicago or its vicinity.

The following appointments have been made by the Corporation to take effect on September 1, 1903, for one year: R. B. Michell A. M., instructor in romance languages; R. R. Thayer A. B., LLB., lecturer on Massachusetts practice; F. P. Boswell A. M., H. W. Dresser, B. T. Baldwin S.b., B. C. Ewer A. instructors in philosophy; B. G., Willard A.B., A. S. Hills A. B., instructors in election; A. W. Boesche A.M., instructor in German; G. H. Danton A.B., Austin teaching fellow in German; H. D. Brackett A.B., instructor in German.

The following re-appointments have been made for one year, beginning September 1, 1903: Instructors--C. S. Shaughnessy S.B., in mathematics and surveying; W. B. Snow A.B., in methods of teaching French; lecturers --W. R. Peabody A.B., LL.B., on criminal law; assistants-in hygiene, N. S. Bacon M.D., P. H. Provandie M.D., L. S. Hapgood M.D., in history, C. E. Fryer M.L., A.M., J. H. Cabot,. 2ns, A.B., W. G. Leland A.M., H. H. Morse A.M., in government, L. K. Clark A.M., J. A. George A.M., T. H. Reed A.B., G. H. Roberts A.M., in philosophy J. P. Hylan PhD., A. S. Dewing A.B., P. A. Hutchinson A.M., in mineralogy and petrography, H. O. Wood A.B., in chemistry, (Bussey Institute), F. T. Dillingham S.B., in agriculture J. H. Robinette B.A.S. J.G. Jack has been appointed lecturer at the Arnold Arboretum for the calendar year 1903.

The following resignations have been received and accepted, to take effect at the end of the current academic year: Dr. O. Fairchild, Williams, professor of ophthalmology; D. L. Turner, instructor, in surveying and hydraulics: R. M. Wernaer, instructor in German; A. M. LaMeslee, instructor in French; M. A. Read, instructor in physiography.

O. L. Keith A.B., a graduate of the University of Georgia, has been assigned the G. F. Peabody scholarship.