Second Nine VS. Roxbury Latin.

The Second nine will play the Roxbury Latin School team this afternoon at 3 o'clock on the Second nine diamond, Soldiers Field.

For the past week the Second nine has been practicing steadily on Soldiers Field and during that time the general playing has greatly improved. The fielding of the whole team is very good especially that of the infield, while the throwing to bases and general team work help to kept up the present good standard. The batting on the other hand is usually very poor though occasionally the men improve for a while. They all have a tendency to bat at high balls, and are unable to hit successively. It has been decided not to have a training table for the team, as the schedule is not sufficiently hard to warrant it. The batting orders follows: SECOND NINE.  ROXBURY LATIN. Greenough, r.f.  s.s., Richardson Marshall, 2b.  r.f., Jameson Lovering, e.f.  c., Wendell Fischell, 1b.  3b., Knowles Bolton, 3b.  2b., Kennedy Blatterman or Carpenter, l. f.  p., Drisko Bennett, s.s  c.f., Aronson parker, c.  l.f. Draper Smith, p.  1b., Balley