VOTE ON NEW MEMORIAL PLAN

Question of Serving Meats a 1a Carte Next Fall to be Decided

At a meeting of the Board of Directors of the Harvard Dining Association last night it was decided to submit to a vote of the members this spring the question of giving a trial of several weeks next fall to the new plan of serving meats a 1a carte. The Executive Committee will decide in a few days the exact day next week on which the vote will be taken.

The proposed plan is as follows: (1) "That the meat, fish and eggs be priced on the menu card; (2) a small book of tickets be issued and charged to each member; (3) the price in tickets of the meat, fish and eggs ordered be given to the waiter with the verbal order. Menu cards would be furnished at breakfast and lunch as well as at diner.

"All other articles now served, including dessert, would still be served as at present and their cost would be divided among the members as at present.

"The extra order list would not be affected, but tickets would be good in place of the written white orders for extras."

The advantages of the plan would be greater choice in the selection of food, a saving for a member of part of the cost of a meal in case of absence, a more equitable sharing of the expense by the members and a large saving in the materials which at present go to waste. The cost, which would vary somewhat according to a man's taste, would average about the same as at present.