Lacrosse Team Starts on Trip.

The University lacrosse team will leave Cambridge this afternoon for Ithaca where it will meet the Cornell team at 3 o'clock tomorrow afternoon. The team will remain in Ithaca Friday night, and on Saturday morning will go on to Geneva, playing Hobart College there in the afternoon. The team will return to Cambridge on Sunday.

Following are the men who will be taken on the trip: H. J. Warner '06, W. A. Phillips '05, E. N. Smith '03, F. W. Lenmann '05, A. B. Parson '03, A. W. Rice '05, R. C. Kibbey '04, H. H. Bennett '04, D. P. Penhallow '03, H. V. Blaxter '05, R. B. Michell 3G., K. K. Smith '04, E. D. Hayes '05, W. S. Sugden '03.

The work of the team has improved slightly in the last two weeks, but the development has not been as rapid as desired owing to the illness of several of the men. The attack is now playing with a fair degree of snap and team play, but there is still a tendency to make erratic passes and wild throws at goal. The defense is covering more satisfactorily, but is inclined to allow itself to be drawn too far out at times. Warner has been substituted for Tomlinson at goal. The general stick work of the entire team has improved and the men play with much more fight than was shown in the early games of the season.