Lacrosse Practice and Plans.

The practice of the University lacrosse squad Saturday showed great improvement. The men have made considerable progress in mastering the fine details of the game, and especially in their catching, passing and teams work, they are far in advance of teams at the corresponding period in former years. The defense men have improved in their checking and picking up the ball, while the passing, shooting and running of the attack is now fairly strong. The weakness of all the men in picking the ball of the ground, which was so noticeable a short while ago, has been partially eradicated, but is still somewhat in evidence. At goal, Tomlinson has a good eye for the ball and plays a heady game, thus appearing to be the most likely candidate for that position. The candidates for each of the other positions are very evenly matched.

The work has been under the direction of R. Wynne '02M. a member of last year's team and Mr. H. McConaghy of the Crescent Athletic Club of New York, both of whom are expected to coach the team throughout the season. Mr. J. A. Leighton of Hobart College, who was appointed head coach at the beginning of the season is expected to be with the men next week and assist in the coaching.

The team will play its first game of the season with the New York College team on Soldiers Field on Saturday.