PENNSYLVANIA GAME TODAY

On Soldiers Field at 3.--Clarkson Will Pitch.--Hard Game Expected.

The University nine will play the final game of the series with the University of Pennsylvania on Soldiers Field at 3 o'clock this afternoon. The first game of the series, which was played at Philadelphia on May 16, was won by Harvard by the score of 6 to 0. Since then, however, Pennsylvania has shown marked improvement, and last Wednesday defeated Brown, 5 to 2.

The University team is still weak in batting and lately has had little success in bunting, because of a tendency to start to run before hitting the ball. In the last two weeks the nine has also taken a slump in fielding, the chief trouble being that the men hurry the plays. The last two or three games have afforded little chance for base-running, because of poor work at the bat.

Clarkson will be in the box again today, and Quigley will catch, as R.P. Kernan is still suffering from his leg, which was strained in the Mott Haven games. H.D. Kernan will play left field, and Stillman will play centre.

The game today will certainly be a hard one, and can only be won by much better playing than the nine has recently done. If the men play the game they are capable of, however, Harvard should win.

The probable batting orders follow: HARVARD.  PENNSYLVANIA. Randall, 1b.  c.f., Howes Stephenson, r.f.  s.s., Orbin Matthews, s.s.  1b., Gladfelter Clarkson, p.  l.f., Noble Stillman, c.f.  c., Cariss H.D. Kernan, l.f.  2b., Swain Carr, 3b.  r.f., Wilder Quigley, c.  3b., Stites Coolidge, 2b.  p., Groves, Devlin