Important Changes at Memorial.

At a meeting of the Board of Directors of the Harvard Dining Association last evening, it was voted to recommend to the Corporation, that the steward's "head-money" be abolished, and that he be paid, instead, a fixed salary. This action was thought to be especially desirable in view of the "ticket system" to be tried next autumn.

It was also voted to lower the present prices of the extra order list as much as possible, and yet cover the cost of the articles and service.

Further, in view of the fact that the weekly fee paid to the waiter is regarded--and justly so--as part of his wages, supplementing the admittedly small pay of the Association; and in view of the fact that the fees at different tables are unequal and variable; it was voted that a system of wages graded according to merit and length of service, and higher than at present, be substituted next autumn for the present feeling system. That is, the Hall will pay each waiter a salary enough larger than at present to be both sufficient and just. Waiters when engaged will be understood to accept this salary as satisfactory, with the distinct agreement not to expect, and not to receive fees from the members of the Hall.

The Directors believe that the sentiment of the Hall will endorse the abolition of fees in favor of the graded system. If so, they are confident that the present standard of service can be not only maintained, but improved, and that the plan will be a success.