Lacrosse Practice Begins Today.

Preliminary practice for the University and class lacrosse teams will begin at 4 o'clock this afternoon when all candidates who have never played lacrosse before will report at the Gymnasium.

Practice will be held daily in the handball courts at the rear, and in the basement of the Gymnasium. The practice at present will be in stick work and in throwing and catching the ball, and is intended primarily for new men. All experienced players, however, who wish to become more proficient in stick work may begin work with this squad. Candidates will be divided into squads by classes, and will be coached by H. H. Bennett '04, captain of the University team and by last year's class captains. The Freshman squad will be in charge of H. V. Blaxter '05. Personal attention will be given to all new men and every effort made to place them, in the rudiments of the game on an equality with the more experienced players when the field work begins. All Freshmen desiring to become candidates for their class team are to report this afternoon whether or not they attended the Freshman meeting Friday night.

The more experienced players will be called out as soon as the ground on Soldiers Field permits outdoor playing probably some time before the middle of March. Candidates for all teams will then practice in class squads until the interclass games which probably will be held the first week in April. Immediately after the class games Mr. M. J. Shea of Ottawa, Canada, head coach, will take charge of the squad.