MAINE GAME TODAY

First Home Game of Season on New Diamond at 4 o'clock.

The University baseball team will play its first home game of the season with the University of Maine at 4 o'clock this afternoon on the new diamond on Soldiers Field. The game should be interesting as it affords the first opportunity of seeing what progress the team has made. Maine was defeated by Tufts on Monday by a score of 3 to 2 in a ten-inning game, and by Andover yesterday, 13 to 9. Last year the game was cancelled on account of rain.

The batting order today will be as follows: Harvard.  University of Maine. Carr, 3b.  3b., Hosmer. Kernan, r.f.  1b., Collins Nichols, 1b.  c.f., Mitchell Matthews, s.s.  c., Violette Clarkson, c.f.  r.f., Quint Bolton, 2b.  s.s., Larrabee Quigley, c.  2b., Burns Marshall, l.f.  l.f., Bird Coburn, p.  p., Frost

Practice of the University team yesterday consisted of a five-inning scrub game between two teams picked from the squad. Neither side scored and only six hits were made in the entire game, neither side making any two in the same inning. The first team made three of the five errors of the game and but two of the hits. The work was concluded with fielding practice, which was unsteady and erratic.