Pi Eta Play Well Received.

The first Cambridge performance of the "Will-o'-the-Wisp," the new Pi Eta comic opera, was given last evening before a large audience in the club theatre on Winthrop square.

A contagious spirit of fun and good fellowship pervades the whole play, and the audience caught the mood with an appreciation that encouraged the players to their best efforts. They were alert to take advantage of every passing opportunity to add to the general effectiveness of the play, and acted with case and naturalness, and sang with enthusiasm.

The various characters are generally well impersonated, but the prominence of three of four makes their work especially noticeable. Particular credit must be given W. W. Fisher and F. E. Shirls for their characterizations of the farmer and of the Jew. C. P. Whorf makes the most of a difficult role, and H. R. Pratt's stage presence is good. D. P. Cook does the best solo singing in the show. The "Monkey Dance" by F. Viaux and the "Freak Dance" were clever and roundly applauded. Altogether the Society has produced an original and entertaining play.

There will be performances of the "Will-o'-the-Wisp" in the club theatre this evening and Friday evening. Seats are on sale at Thurstone's.