HARVARD WON LACROSSE

Cornell Decisively Defeated in Stadium Yesterday.--Score 11 to 4.

The University lacrosse team defeated Cornell yesterday in the Stadium by the score of 11 goals to 4, in a remarkably fast and well-played game. In the first half Cornell seemed the stronger team, and though the half ended with the score 3 to 2 in Harvard's favor, two of these goals were due solely to the weakness of Cornell's goal. Cornell's defence was especially successful in covering Harvard's attack man for man.

In the second half, the University team outplayed Cornell in every department of the game, and its superior physical condition was clearly shown. Toward the end of the half the Cornell players became unable to oppose effectively the strong Harvard attack, and goals were shot in rapid succession. Harvard's defence was uniformly strong, and Lehmann's body checking was particularly effective. On the attack, Bennett, Blaxter, Outerbridge and Smith played a consistently aggressive game. Hays, at goal, made several difficult stops. For Cornell, Bleakley, Curran and Scheidenhelm were swift and alert.

The line-up was as follows: Harvard.  Cornell. Hays, g.  g., Kline Phillips, de Roode, p.  i.h., Hunter Bailey, c.p.  o.h., Main Lehmann, 1d.  1a., Bleakley Rice, 2d.  2a., Curran Kibbey, 3d.  3a., Eveland Bennett, c.  c., Kirchofer Outerbridge, 3a.  3d., Scheidenhelm Adams, 2a.  2d., Atwater Blaxter, 1a.  1d., Reitze Smith, o.h.  c.p., Vatet Goddard, Pratt, i.h.  p., Finlay

Score--Harvard, 11; Cornell, 4. Goals--Blaxter 5, Outerbridge 2, Smith, Kibbey, Adams, Main, Hunter, Bleakley, Eveland. Referee--J. W. Sever M.'01. Time--25-minute halves.