Brooks House Open Sunday Afternoon

Beginning next Sunday, October 15, Phillips Brooks House will be open Sunday afternoons from 2 to 6 o'clock. Tea will be served throughout the afternoon.

At 3 o'clock H. B. Webster 1M will give an account of his trip and experiences in Labrador last summer. Webster spent several weeks in assisting Dr. Grenfell, who spoke in the Union last year, in his medical work on the hospital ship "Strathcona," and in the hospitals for fishermen on the Labrado coast. A quartette from the Glee Club will sing several selections. Books from the House libraries and magazines will be available for use during the afternoon.

The desire of the Phillips Brooks House Association in thus opening the House on Sunday, and providing tea and music is to make the House serviceable to men who spend Sundays in Cambridge, and to make the afternoons as pleasant for them as possible. These "open-house" afternoons will be in charge of committees of ten men from each of the four classes, these class committees being each responsible for one Sunday afternoon a month, in rotation. The 1906 committee, of which J. L. White is chairman, will be in charge next Sunday, and the 1907 committee on October 22.

All members of the University are invited to make use of these Sunday afternoon privileges at the House.