Sulloway vs. Niles in Tennis Finals

In the semi-final round of the fall tennis tournament, on Saturday afternoon, N. W. Niles '09 defeated S. W. Howland 2L. 6-0, 4-6, 6-0, 6-2. Niles played a steadier game than his opponent and took advantage of every opportunity; he covered his court well and his strokes at the net were nearly always well placed. After losing the first set, 6-0, Howland braced, winning by 6-4, Niles seemed to have lost much of his accuracy. In the next two sets Niles allowed Howland only two games, his drives to the back line were hard and very accurate, and he never failed to take advantage of his opponent's inability to cover the court.

This afternoon at 2 o'clock Niles will meet F. J. Sulloway 2L. in the final round for the singles championship of the University. The match promises to be very even, as both men are playing in excellent form.

All the matches in the doubles scheduled for Saturday afternoon were postponed. The following matches are scheduled for today:

Double at 3--Roche '09 and Roche '09 vs. Black 3L. and Fairbanks 3L; Stackpole '07 and Eaton '07 vs. Harrison '07 and Reggio '07.

At 4--Sulloway 2L. and Cole 2L. vs. Irving '07 and Davis '07.