University and Class Debating.

Immediately after the mid-year period the University Debating Club will start trials to chose a team for the Princeton debate, the date of which has not yet been settled. Harvard this year has the option of subject.

The trials for the teams to represent the Sophomore and Junior classes in the final debate of the interclass series, for the Pasteur medial, will also commence after the mid-years, when the question will be chosen by the University Debating Council and submitted to the French department. The members of the winning team, and the alternates, will receive cups.

At a recent meeting of the Sophomore Debating Club, action was taken in regard to membership. It was decided that there should be two kinds of members, active and associate. Anyone may become an active member by signing the constitution and taking part in the formal debates; while those who wish to take part in the informal debates alone, will be regarded as associate members.

On the first Wednesday after the mid-years, the trials for the Freshman-Exeter debate will be resumed.