Freshman Hockey Team Won.

The Freshman hockey team defeated Melrose High School on the second Stadium rink yesterday afternoon by the score of 5 to o. Rough play on both sides characterized the game throughout. On the offense the team work of the Freshman forwards was good but many chances to score were lost through inability to shoot. The Melrose defense proved remarkably strong, Wilson at goal making a number of phenomenal stops.

The line-up follows: FRESHMEN.  MELROSE HIGH SCHOOL. McDonald, Rumsey, l.e.  r.e., Warner Mackay, l.c.  r.c., Verge Lovering, r.c.  l.c., Drew Newhall, r.e.  l.e., Pettingill Fraser-Campbell, c.p.  c.p., Cochrane Burten, p.  p., White Carpenter, g.  g., Wilson

Score--Freshmen 5; Melrose High School 0. Goals--Mackay 2, Rumsey, Fraser-Campbell, Newhall. Referee--L. H. Butt '08. Time--20 minute halves.

Owing to examinations, not enough men reported for University hockey practice yesterday afternoon to form two teams, and practice consisted of working the forwards against the defense. The coverpoint and point played well together and were very effective in stopping the attacks of the forwards. The shooting of the forwards was fairly good but they did not keep their positions after bringing the puck down the ice.