HARVARD HOCKEY CHAMPION

For Third Time.--Yale Decisively Defeated Saturday by Score of 7 to 1.

The University hockey team defeated Yale by a score of 7 to 1 at the St. Nicholas Rink, New York, on Saturday evening, thus winning the intercollegiate hockey championship for the third consecutive year and gaining permanent possession of the Ceballos cup, and possession, for one year, of the Stoddard cup. The game was one of the fastest ever played in the intercollegiate series.

Although outplayed at first, Harvard soon showed complete superiority in team play, fast skating, and body-checking. The men kept their positions well, and never failed to follow back quickly after losing the puck. Callaway and Pell did the most brilliant playing.

At the outset Yale played fast and forced Harvard to remain on the defensive. Manning, at goal, made several clever stops, but finally Behr scored Yale's only goal on a long shot from the side of the rink. Harvard then took the offensive, and Pell shortly made the first goal. Callaway shot the next three goals.

In the second half Yale was completely outclassed, and relied only on individual efforts to advance the puck. In the first few minutes of play Pell scored twice, on long shots. The final goal was made by Wilder, just at the close of the game.

The summary: HARVARD  YALE. Wilder, r.c.  l.e., Behr Callaway, r.c.  l.c., Marcus Townsend, l.c.  r.c., Cornell, Dillworth Pell, l.e.  r.e., Shepard Newhall, c.p.  c.p., Flinn Sard, p.  p., Feitner Manning, g.  g., Lang

Score--Harvard, 7; Yale, 1. Goals--Callaway 3, Pell 3, Wilder; Behr. Referee--H. Hornfeck, Wanderers H. C. Time--20-minute halves.