Rev. W. J. Dawson's Address.

Rev. W. J. Dawson of London delivered an address yesterday afternoon in Phillips Brooks House under the auspices of the Christian Association on "Obedience to the Call of God."

To illustrate the necessity of obedience to God's call, Mr. Dawson compared the lives of Saul, King of Israel, and Saul of Tarsus. Neither of them was that type of man which fills one with despair because it has no ideals and is satisfied with littleness; they both had visions, both heard the call. One obeyed it, the other disobeyed. Saul of Israel heard God's call to destroy Amelek, but disobeyed. Paul the Apostle heard the call to preach to the Gentiles and "was not disobedient to the heavenly vision." One through disobedience sank into absolute faithlessness and the dark shadow of suicide; the other through obedience advanced to a life of glory.

Such visions, said Mr. Dawson, we all must have had; obedience to them means happiness, disobedience ruin. One great note in the Bible is obedience. Christ was "obedient unto death." We must reserve ourselves for the best, and when the vision comes, obey. It is not for want of light that men perish, but for failure to use what light they have.