BROWN DEFEATED IN HOCKEY

By the Score of 15 to 1.--University Team Fast and Aggressive.

The University hockey team in its third intercollegiate game defeated Brown on the Stadium rink yesterday by the score of 15 to 1.

Brown was outclassed from the start and proved unable to penetrate the Harvard defense. The forwards showed improvement in keeping their positions, but, with the exception of Callaway, still failed to follow back after losing the puck. Their inaccuracy in shooting was also responsible for the loss of many chances to score. The team work, however, was good, many excellent passes being made.

By fast aggressive playing the University team quickly broke up the Brown offense and after five minutes of play Callaway scored the first of the ten goals made for Harvard in this half. After Bullock's goal for Brown, scored from a scrimmage when the score was 4 to 0, the puck was kept in Brown's territory for the rest of the period. In the second half Brown's team play improved to some extent and Harvard's goal was threatened several times. The University offense was also less effective.

The summary: HARVARD.  BROWN. Pell, Wagstaff, l.e.  r.e., Paine Townsend, l.c.  r.c., Sweet Callaway, r.c.  l.c., Marble Wilder, Grant, r.e.  l.e., Bullock Newhall, c.p.  c.p., Chase Sard, p.  p., Little Tilden, g.  g., Hill

Score--Harvard, 15; Brown, 1. Goals--Townsend 7, Callaway 4, Wilder 3, Pell, Bullock. Referee--A. B. Schultz, Princeton. Time--20-minute halves.

The number of games played, won and lost to date by the members of the Intercollegiate Hockey Association are as follows:   Played.  Won.  Lost. Harvard,  3  3  0 Yale,  2  2  0 Columbia,  4  2  2 Princeton,  3  1  2 Brown,  4  0  4