OPENING OF THE UNION

Regular Hours Commence Thursday.--Dues May Be Placed on Term Bills.

Beginning Thursday morning the Union will be open during the regular hours and the restaurant will be open for breakfast. The lunch counter in the basement will not be open until later.

Any student enrolled in a department of the University during the current academic year is entitled to have his membership due charged on the University term bill. All other annual members are required to pay their dues in advance.

The annual dues for active membership are $10. Associate membership, with annual dues of $5, is open to officers and past members of the University residing within twenty-five miles of Cambridge, and students in the departments located outside of Cambridge, unless they wish to vote, in which case they must become active members.

For the information of those who are unfamiliar with the Union it should be stated that in addition to its being a convenient rendezvous, it is the recognized place for nearly all of the University mass meetings, and among its other advantages includes a library of about six thousand volumes, a ladies restaurant, meeting-rooms for University organizations, billiard, game, periodical and writing rooms, and accommodations for guests. There are, besides, telephones, toilet and bath rooms, lockers, bicycle racks, etc.

For a few days the Union will be open for inspection by all members of the University, whether members of the Union or not.