Improvements in Conant

Circulars have been sent to all members of the Graduate School describing the improvements which will be made in Conant next year for the housing of Graduate students. There are 33 suites in the building, each of which consists of a large study, a bedroom and three closets. Of these suites, 12 are provided with sufficient furniture for one student; but all are large enough to accommodate two men easily. Before fall certain other suites will be rearranged so that next year there will be 19 single rooms in addition to the 33 suites already mentioned. Shower baths with hot and cold water are provided on each floor, and all the rooms and suites will be heated by the hot water system.

Suites 1 and 2 on the first floor in the south end of the building will be thrown together to form a large living room where meetings of the Graduate Club and of other organizations will probably be held. The room will be supplied with magazines and newspapers, and will form a social centre for graduate students. It is also planned to fit up an exercise room in the basement.

Applications for rooms for next year will be received at once at the office of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences. Allotments will be made by the Faculty Committee in charge of the improvements, and the successful applicants will sign room agreements at the Bursar's Office.