Princeton Letter

Work was begun last week on the new Field House which will be completed by the first of April in time for the important part of the spring training. It is to be erected on the site of the old building, but another story will be added to accommodate the number of men who use it. Mr. A. F. Copeland, formerly in charge of the track team of the New York Athletic Club, has been engaged to coach and train the track team. The candidates have been called out, and are now going through the preliminary work under his supervision. Mr. Copeland is paying special attention to the candidates for the relay team, as it is planned to enter teams in Philadelphia and Boston meets.

The hockey team was defeated by Columbia in the first game of the intercollegiate series. The defeat was due principally to the excellent work of Columbia's goal, who, in spite of the many accurate shots of the Princeton forwards, allowed only two goals. Against Brown, however, the team was more successful, winning the game after four extra periods had been played, by the score of 5 to 4.

The basketball team defeated Lehigh 46 to 22, displaying excellent team work throughout the game. In the first game of the intercollegiate series there was a complete reversal of form, however, and Pennsylvania won by a score of 40 to 5.

The Association football team lost to the Boys' Club of New York three goals to one. Against Staten Island, in one of the best games seen since the English players were here, the University team played a tie game, neither side scoring.

All arrangements have been made for the Junior Promenade, which is to take place on February 21, immediately after a concert by the Glee Club. The Triangle Club has selected for its play this year, a musical comedy called Tobasco Land. The scene is laid in Tobasco a country in many respects similar to Mexico, and the time is the present.