Harvard Second Won Basketball

In a close and exciting game last night in the Tufts gymnasium, the University second basketball team defeated the Tufts second team by a score of 25 to 22.

Tufts started off well and led up to the last few minutes of play in the first half, when the University second rallied and by consistent passing made the score 14 to 12 in Harvard's favor.

The play in the second half was considerably slower and the University team had a tendency to pass outside. Tufts, however, could not regain the lead and the game closed with the score 25 to 22 in Harvard's favor.

Much improvement was noticeable in the general work of the team, but the players still show some crude faults. HARVARD SECOND.  TUFTS SECOND. Moore, l.f.  r.f., Murry McCarty, r.f.  l.f., Gordon, Wilson Miles, c.  c., King, Bailey Appel, l.g.  r.g., Pattee, Gordon Dwelley, r.g.  l.g., McDonald, Pattee

The summary:

Score--Harvard Second, 25; Tufts Second, 22. Baskets from the floor--Miles 5, Murry 5, McCarty 3, Gordon 3, Pattee, Moore, Dwelley, Appel, McDonald Goals from fouls McCarty 3, Gordon 2. Fouls called--on Harvard, 9; on Tufts, 11. Referee--H. Kempner '07. Umpire--Martin, Tufts. Timekeeper--A. G. Kahn '07. Time--20 minute halves.

The summary: