Report of Peabody Museum

Professor F. W. Putnam, Curator of the Peabody Museum of American Archeology and Ethnology in his annual report to the President of the University enumerates numerous accessions which have been made to the Museum during the past year. As in former years, the collections representing the life and customs of the North American Indians have been greatly increased in value and interest by the gifts of Mr. L. H. Farlow.

From the Belgian Government has been received the collection which was exhibited at the St. Louis Exposition to illustrate the different periods of prehistoric time in Belgium. The income of the Huntington-Frothingham-Wolcott Fund has been used in purchasing various objects and small collections, principally of North American and Polynesian ethnology; and the income of the Susan D. Warren Fund has been used in purchasing cases for the Indian Gallery. Many relics have been received from Dr. Alexander Agassiz, Mr. C. P. Bowditch, Dr. L. C. Jones of Malden, Miss Mary L. Ware of Boston and many other people.

In conclusion Professor Putnam states that the numerous accessions have been prepared for study, exhibition, or storage by Mr. C. C. Willoughby. In the arrangement of cases, Mr. Willoughby has added materially to the interest and importance of the various rooms by the addition of photographs, plans, and maps, as well as by his artistic arrangement of the specimens.