Dates of Fencing Tournaments

Under the auspices of the Fencers' Club a closed novice fencing tournament, open only to members of the University who have never won a prize in fencing, will be held Wednesday in the old trophy room of the Gymnasium. This room, by permission of Dr. Sargent, will be fitted up as a fencing headquarters, and will be appropriately decorated with pictures and fencing trophies.

All Freshmen trying for their class team must enter the novice competition. Entries will be received in the blue book at the janitor's desk in the Gymnasium, until 6 P. M., January 9. An entry fee of $1 will be charged, but members of the Fencers' Club will be admitted free. Silver cups will be given as first, second and third prizes.

On January 19 and 22, the interclass fencing tournament will be held in the new fencing room. Class numerals and cups presented by H. St. Gaudens '03, will be given to the members of the winning team. A cup, also presented by St. Gaudens, will be given to the man who does the best work in the tournament, and on this account it has been decided to hold a round robin tournament. There will be 54 bouts in all, every man meeting every other.

On February 28 an open novice tournament for all amateur fencers who have never won a fencing prize, will be held in the same room, and on March 16 an open Junior tournament will be held. "Junior" is a term of the Amateur Fencers' League of America, and includes all amateur fencers who have won prizes in a novice tournament, but are not yet sufficiently skillful to be classed with the Senior fencers.