No Hockey With Newtowne Saturday

Owing to the lack of ice in the Stadium rink on Saturday afternoon, the hockey game scheduled with the Newtowne Club was not played. The University team, however, practiced on Hammonds Pond, at Chestnut Hill, and in a game with the second team won by the score of 3 to 0.

In this 30-minute line-up both teams were considerably hampered by the snow which fell during the afternoon. The forwards shot with more force than at any previous time this season, but little improvement was evident in the passing. As a whole the team played fairly well, but in following back all the forwards were weak. If this fault is not remedied the chances for victory in Saturday's game with Columbia, the first in the intercollegiate championship series, will be slight. The University team has only practiced on the ice seven times, and it must improve greatly during the coming week if it is to be equal to the Columbia team, which has practiced regularly on the St. Nicholas Rink for more than a month.

The teams lined up on Saturday as follows: FIRST TEAM.  SECOND TEAM. Pell, l.e.  r.e., M. Newhall, Briggs Townsend, l.c.  r.c., Edgell Macleod, r.c.  l.c., Fraser-Campbell Briggs, M. Newhall, r.e.  l.e., Crosby, Dougherty D. Newhall, c.p.  c.p., Sampson, Wagstaff Willetts, p.  p., Rivinius, Hardy Ivy, g.  g., Prescott, Warren

Goals--Macleod 2, Townsend 1.

Goals--Macleod 2, Townsend 1.