Meeting for Track Men Tomorrow

There will be a meeting of all men interested in track athletics in the Assembly Room of the Union tomorrow evening at 7.30 o'clock. At this meeting the prospects for this year's team will be discussed, plans will be outlined for fall and winter work, including arrangements for an open Freshman meet and for the fall handicap games. An effort is being made to arrange for speeches by graduates who have been prominent in track athletics, as well as track athletes registered in the graduate schools. N. W. Bingham '95, J. W. Hallowell '01, and G. B. Morrison '83 will probably be present. Plans will be discussed for forming a Track and Field Club to further the social end of track work.

As the importance of fall and winter training in preparation for the work in the spring cannot be overestimated, it is important that every man who intends trying for the team be present at this meeting.

During the past few days about 20 men have been reporting for preliminary work, which has been entirely voluntary and has consisted of short afternoon runs from the Locker Building on Soldiers Field. Regular track work will begin this afternoon and all candidates are urged to report at the Locker Building this afternoon; the cross country squad at 4 o'clock, other men at any time.