LECTURE IN UNION TONIGHT

At 8 by T. P. O'Connor, M. P.--Open to All Members of the University.

The Honorable Thomas Power O'Connor, M. P., will deliver an address in the Living Room of the Union this evening at 8 o'clock on "English Parliamentary Life." This lecture will be open to all members of the University, and is the last entertainment for which Union membership cards will not be required for admission. Honorable Edward Blake, M. P., and other prominent men will also be on the platform.

Mr. O'Connor is in this country as a special guest of the United Irish League, and as the representative of the Irish Nationalist Party, of which he has been leader for the past 27 years. He is a man of broad education and experience, having studied at the College of the Immaculate Conception, Athlone, Ireland, the place of his birth, and at Queen's College, Galway, where he graduated in 1866 when 18 years of age.

His working life began as a reporter on the News Letter of Dublin. In 1870 he started for London in search of a more promising position, and soon after was appointed sub-editor of the Daily Telegraph. After a period of apprenticeship in the London office of the New York Herald, realizing that there his prospects were small, he struck out for himself.

This period of his life, to use his own words, was one of utmost misery: By hard work and perseverance he won considerable personal distinction, and acquired many close friends, through whose influence was opened to him the political career which he then took up. Despite influential opposition at Galway he was elected in 1880 member of Parliament for that constituency. In 1885 he returned for Galway and Liverpool and has since returned in 1886, 1892, 1895, and 1900.

Mr. O'Connor did not lose his interest in journalism, however, but founded and was first editor of the London Star, the Sun, the Weekly Sun and the M. A. P. (Mainly About People.)

Besides being an active force in Parliament, Mr. O'Connor is president of the United Irish League, Ireland's great nationalist organization, both at home and abroad, in the interest of which he is now visiting the United States.

Hon. A. K. Peck Tomorrow.

Tomorrow night Honorable Arthur K. Peck will speak at 8 o'clock in the Living Room of the Union on "The Storm Heroes of Our Coast." The lecture, which will be open to members of the Union only, will be illustrated by numerous stereopticon pictures.

Last year Mr. Peck spoke on "The Heart of the Rockies and the Yosemite." Tomorrow his lecture will deal with the Life Saving Service and the heroic acts of the surfmen. Mr. Peck has been granted special facilities by the government and the service to make an exhaustive study of the subject.