FOOTBALL WITH CARLISLE

In Stadium at 3.--Exciting Game Expected.--Cheering Section Enlarged

The University football team will meet the Carlisle Indian School eleven this afternoon at 3 o'clock in the Stadium in what will probably be the closest and most exciting of the two remaining contests before the Yale game. The cheering section will be enlarged and any member of the University will be admitted to it, provided that he holds either a blue or yellow season ticket.

During the past week special attention has been given to developing the forward pass and the onside kick, with the result that in the last scrimmage, which occurred on Thursday, the University eleven worked 13 out of 15 of these plays with the greatest success. Much time has also been spent in teaching the men how to prevent the successful use of these two plays by opponents. In the game today Captain Foster will fill the position of left halfback, and for this reason the secondary defense should be much stronger than it was in the Brown game a week ago. Besides Captain Foster in the back field, Lincoln, who has now completely recovered from the injury to his shin, will play at right half-back, and Wendell at fullback, thus giving the University team the strongest set of backs which it has had for some time. Macdonald will play at left end and Starr at right end, and Peirce will also the game at right tackle. Parker will play at centre.

Although Harvard has defeated Carlisle nine times in sucession, the score last year being 23 to 11, this game is never considered an easy one. This year the contest will be an unusually hard one on account of the versatility and skill of the Indian eleven in the use of the new plays. The Carlisle team is considerably lighter than last year, and correspondingly faster, circumstances which should materially increase then gaining power if they can keep possession of the ball. So far this season Carlisle has been beaten but once, losing to the Pennsylvania State College eleven, 4 to 0. The Indians defeated Albright, 82 to 0; Susquehanna, 48 to 0; Western University of Pennsylvania, 22 to 0; University of Pennsylvania, 24 to 6; and Syracuse University, 9 to 4. Although some of Carlisle's games have been with small teams, the contest with the University of Pennsylvania shows in a way the strength of the eleven in comparison with the Harvard team, for the University of Pennsylvania defeated Brown 14 to 0, while Harvard had hard work to win from Brown by the score of 9 to 5. It is expected that about 25,000 people will witness the game today.

The teams will line up as follows:

HARVARD.  INDIANS.Macdonald, l.c.  r.c., ExendineOsborne, l.t.  r.t., LuboBurr, l.g.  r.g., La RoqueParker, c.  c., HuntKersburg, r.g.  l.g., DillonPeirce, r.t.  l.t., WaseukaStarr, r.e.  l.e., GardnerNewhall, q.b.  q.b., LibbyFoster, l.h.  r.h., HendricksLincoln, r.h.  l.h., Mount PleasantWendell, f.b.  f.b., Little Bo