Agora-Forum Trials Postponed

The trials to select the debating teams to represent the Forum and Agora in the first inter-club debate on November 27, which were to have been held last night, were postponed, owing to the small number of men who reported.

The first trials to choose the Agora team will be held in Dane Hall tomorrow evening at 7.30 o'clock. All members of the club who wish to try will be allowed five minutes to argue either side of the question for the debate: "Resolved, That the trade-union principle of the closed shop should be maintained." Six men will then be retained for the final trials on Friday evening when they will be divided into first and second teams. Candidates for the team should send their names to E. R. Lewis '08, Thayer 59, before 2 o'clock tomorrow, when the order of speaking will be posted in Dane Hall.

The Forum team will be chosen as a result of one trial, which will be held in Dane Hall at 8 o'clock on Thursday evening, directly after the regular debate, which will begin at 7 o'clock. The speakers will be allowed ten minutes to debate on either side of the question. On the basis of these speeches the first and second teams will be named. Members of the club who wish to try for the team should send their names to P. B. Carter '08, Grays 2, before 5 o'clock on Thursday afternoon, when the new order on speaking will be posted in the debating rooms.

As this debate will be the first of a series of three debates between the Agora and the Forum to decide the club championship, it is important that as many of the members of both clubs as possible should come out for their respective teams. For the benefit of candidates, books and periodicals on the question have been reserved in Case 19 in the Reading Room of Gore Hall