SENIORS WON CLASS SERIES

By Defeating Juniors, 18 to 0.--Game Friday to Decide Second Place.

The Seniors won the interclass football series yesterday afternoon by defeating the Juniors by a score of 18 to 0. The third game, to decide the winner of second place, will be played on Friday between the Juniors and Sophomores, and later the Seniors will probably challenge the Freshmen.

Neither side was able to score in the first half, but the Seniors proved to have the most endurance, and showed the effects of consistent training. Burns at fullback played an extremely hard game, doing most of the scoring, and Nichols and Dick made long gains on formation plays. The Seniors put 37 men in the game.

The Juniors kicked off to the 5-yard line, where the Seniors made a slight advance and then punted to the centre of the field. They regained the ball by blocking a punt, but soon lost it on downs. The next few plays brought them within 5 yards of the goal-line, but they were unable to score. When time was called the ball was near the middle of the field.

In the second half the Seniors kicked off and soon regained the ball on a fumble. By a series of steady gains the 1-yard line was reached and Burns went over for a touchdown. He kicked the goal. Soon after the next kick-off Jones made a long gain on a fake kick and Craft scored the touchdown. Burns again kicked the goal. The third touchdown and goal were made by Burns after a 55-yard run by Craft and a few short rushes. The game ended with the ball on the Juniors' 30-yard line.

The summary: SENIORS.  JUNIORS. Dick, Wendell, Edgell, Early, l.e.  r.e., Edwards Jenkins, Harris, Richardson, l.t.  r.t., Pell Irving, Sutphin, Stackpole, Andrews, l.g.  r.g., Tubby Wellington, Sugden, Durant, Russell, c.  c., Russell Dearborn, Starr, Woodman, Dixon, r.g. Means, r.g.  l.g., White Ireland, Draper, Beale, Estes, Brooks, r.t.  l.t., Blair, Arnold Nichols (capt.), Thompson, r.e.  l.e., Giddings Sortwell, Grant, Smeltz, q.b.  q.b., Haskell Craft, Tyson, r.h.  l.h., Knoblauch, Zachritz Brennen, Jones, l.h.  r.h., Bowles Burns, Lanahan, Christie, f.b.  f.b., Waters, Blair

Score--1907, 18; 1908, 0. Touchdowns--Burns, 2; Craft, 1. Goals--Burns, 3. Umpire--R. F. Guild '06. Referee--L. Grilk '04. Timekeeper--F. W. Wead '05. Linemen--C. W. Short '08, L. Howe '07. Time--20-minute halves.