FRESHMEN LOST TO YALE

Score, 28 to 0.--Yale's Team, the Strongest in Years, Was Irresistible.

The Freshman football eleven was defeated by Yale at New Haven on Saturday by a score of 28 to 0. Throughout the game Harvard was distinctly outclassed and could make no impression on its opponents' powerful line. Yale's offense showed the best attack of a freshman team seen for many years and was practically irresistible. But for an unusual amount of kicking in the second half, Yale would have scored several more touchdowns. Twenty-two points were scored in the first half by using every kind of new and old football tactics with a smoothness and accuracy that completely baffled the Harvard men. In the second half Yale resorted to kicking and played the game safe. Captain Coy of Yale was very effective, both on the offense and on the defense, and his punting was very creditable. Several penalties were inflicted, Yale being the heaviest loser.

Yale scored the first touchdown by getting the ball on a fumble on Harvard's 30-yard line, from where it was finally carried over by Murphy. Platt soon converted another fumble into a touchdown, picking up the ball on the Freshmen's 25-yard line and rushing it over. An intercepted forward pass resulted in another score, but the other two were made after well-executed trick plays and forward passes, combined with steady line plunges.

The second half was less interesting, due to Yale's kicking tactics. After an exchange of kicks near the end of the half, Yale took the ball near the centre of the field and rushed it slowly down the field for the last score.

The summary: HARVARD 1910.  YALE 1910. Hutchinson, Beard, Houston, l.e.  r.e., Logan Fish, l.t.  r.t., Beinecke West, l.g.  r.g., Goebel Morris, Hadden, c.  c., Hunt Bacon, r.g.  l.g., Andrus Forster, r.t.  l.t., Coy Browne, r.e.  l.e., Platt, Earnshaw Galatti, q.b.  q.b., Bingham, Richardson Gilbert, Watson, l.h.  r.h., Wheaton Gregory, r.h.  l.h., Murphy Waterbury, Kenefick, f.b.  f.b., Philbin

Score--Yale 1910, 28; Harvard 1910, 0. Touchdowns--Murphy 2, Coy, Bingham, Platt. Goals from touchdowns--Coy 3. Referee--McCarthy. Umpires--Cleary and Hull. Linesmen--Merritt, Yale; Thayer, Harvard. Time--25-minute periods.