New Scholarships Established

At a recent meeting of the Corporation it was voted to establish the Edward Erwin Coolidge Scholarship in accordance with the following statement: These four scholarships, two with an income of $200 each, and two with an income of $150 each, were established from the income of the Edward Erwin Coolidge Fund, given in memory of E. E. Coolidge '01 of Natick. These scholarships will be administered as loans and will become due five years after the cessation of the incumbent's connection with Harvard University as a student.

Subject to the preferences specified in the assignment of these scholarships, they are intended to confer an academic distinction like that attaching to other scholarships. It is the desire of the founders that in estimating the worth of a candidate for one of these scholarships weight shall be given not only to his mental and moral qualities, but also to his bodily health and vigor, especially as shown in proficiency in outdoor sports. In the assignment of these scholarships preference will be given to the descendants of John Coolidge, who settled in Watertown, Mass., about 1630, and to residents of Natick, Mass.