I. C. A. A. A. A. MEETING

Intercollegiate Games on Soldiers Field May 25 and 26.--Changes in Rules.

The Intercollegiate Amateur Athletic Association of America held its thirty-first annual convention at the Fifth Avenue Hotel, New York, on Saturday. In the absence of the president, W. G. Graves '06 presided at the meeting.

The most important action was the decision to hold the annual championship meeting at Soldiers Field, on May 25 and 26. On the recommendation of the executive committee it was also decided to accept the applications of Brown and Dartmouth for re-admission to membership in the Association. An application was also received from Dickinson, but as no one was present in behalf of the College, the application was laid on the table. The University of Michigan and Rutgers College were each declared dropped from membership in the Association for not having had an entry of three men in the last two championship meetings.

The contribution of $500 to the Olympic games fund was ratified, as well as the appropriation of $500 for a die of the new championship medal to be awarded at the 1906 field meeting.

On the recommendation of the executive committee, it was resolved "That records of Arthur F. Duffey are no longer acceptable to this association, and that the list of intercollegiate and of collegiate records be amended so that there be no mention therein of the name or performances of said Arthur F. Duffey."

The record of 11 feet 9 3-4 inches for pole vaulting by W. R. Dray of Yale, and the record of 1 minute 56 seconds for the half mile by E. B. Parsons, Yale, were accepted as intercollegiate records, and these two athletes will receive record medals at the expense of the association.

A change was made in Article IV of the by-laws, so that the article now reads as follows: "No college shall enter more than twelve men for any one competition or shall start more than five."

An amendment to Article VII of the bylaws was also adopted, providing for the distribution of dividends, under certain conditions, to the colleges in proportion to the number of their competitors in the field meetings and the number of miles travelled from the locations of the colleges.

The convention elected the following officers for the ensuing year: president, H. R. Geyelin, Pennsylvania; vice-presidents, P. T. Kammerer, Jr., College of the City of New York, and F. H. Plumb, Syracuse; secretary, A. P. Payson, New York University; treasurer, F. O. Lodge, Columbia; executive committee re-elected G. T. Kirby, Columbia, chairman, and T. Gerrish '01 a members of the advisory committee. The third member will be announced later.

The following universities and colleges were represented at the convention: Harvard, Yale, Pennsylvania, Princeton, Columbia, Cornell, Colgate, College of the City of New York, Fordham, Haverford, New York University, Stevens, Swarthmore, Syracuse. T. Gerrish '01 and W. G. Graves '06 represented the University.