Conried Performance Yesterday

The performance of Ludwig Fulda's "Jugendfreunde," which was given at the Colonial Theatre yesterday afternoon under the auspices of the Deutscher Verein was very successful. Mr. Heinrich Conried presented his Irving Place Theatre Company in the play, which is a laughable comedy based on the troubles of three young married couples. The acting of the whole company was excellent, and the two leading parts, taken by Herr Walden of the Deutscher Theatre and Frau Reisenhofer of the Lessing Theatre of Berlin, were very effectively rendered. Before the performance began, a prologue, written by Professor Kuno Francke, was read by Fran von Ostermann, a member of the company.

The theatre was well filled, and the proceeds, which amount to about $700 will be devoted to the funds of the Germanic Museum. The patronesses were: Mrs. Shepard Brooks, Mrs. Charles W. Eliot, Mrs. Kuno Francke, Mrs. Robert Grant, Mrs. Morris Gray, Mrs. Henry S. Hunnewell, Mrs. Henry Stackpole, Miss Mary L. Ware, Mrs. Barrett Wendell, and Mrs. Horatio S. White.