BASKETBALL WITH HOLY CROSS

In the Gymnasium at 8.--Close Game Expected.--Freshmen vs. Roxbury Latin.

The University basketball team will play Holy Cross this evening at 8 o'clock in the Gymnasium in its sixth game of the season.

Since the game with Tufts last Saturday the practice of the University team has been directed toward developing faster play. In passing and dribbling little improvement has been noticed, and as yet no member of the team has proved able to shoot goals from fouls with any degree of accuracy. Signals have been tried for new formations, and as far as can be judged by the games with the second team are very effective.

Holy Cross has a strong team and with the exception of a defeat by Dartmouth has had a very successful season. Only two men in today's line-up were on the team which last year defeated Harvard 34 to 9.

Admission to the game will be 50 cents, and tickets for the Yale game next Wednesday at 75 and 50 cents may be obtained at the door tonight and also at Leavitt & Peirce's and at Brine's.

The teams will line-up this evening as follows: HARVARD.  HOLY CROSS. Quigley, l.f.  r.g., Lynch Broun, Brooks, r.f.  l.g., Hogerty (capt.) Amberg, c.  c., Hetherman Burnham, l.g.  r.f., Connor Griffiths, r.g.  l.f., Stevens

The Freshmen basketball team will play the Roxbury Latin School this evening before the Holy Cross game and between the halves. Following is the Freshman line-up: l.f., Allen; r.f., Currie; c., Dial; l.g., Deane; r.g., White, Jones.