Relay Teams Chosen

The final trials for the University two-mile relay team to race Yale at the B. A. A, meet next Saturday, and for the class relay teams were held yesterday on the board track on Holmes Field. Following is the selection of the University team in the order of the times made: B. L. Young, Jr., '07, H. F. Miller '08, H. M. Turner '06, W. Minot '07.

It is possible that Turner will be unable to run on account of a twisted ankle, in which case his place will be taken by Dives or Dana.

The trials for the class teams resulted in a number of changes in their make-up. The teams of four men each will probably be composed of the following, given in the order of the times made:

1906--E. J. Dives, T. B. Dorman (captain), L. Strauss, A. Dana, H. A. Whitman, M. G. Perkins.

1907--J. F. Doyle (captain), P. C. Lockwood, C. Brinsmade, F. Dick, F. A. Jenks, W. D. Thompson.

1908--M. B. Vam Brunt (captain), E. Becker, J. F. Macdonald, H. R. Francis, P. C. Haskell, D. W. Brigham.

1909--T. C. Defriez (captain), H. F. Howes, T. Allen, Jr., C. T. Allen, E. F. Bird, W. F. Whitcher.

A comparison of the average times made by the three upper classes shows that 1906 has the fastest team, with 1907 second, and 1908 a close third. These teams will race together in one heat. The Freshman team, which will race the Yale Freshmen, made a better showing than either 1907 or 1908.

Durint the past week the work of the track team has been largely in preparation for the B. A. A. meet. The relay men have had two time trials. The sprinters have been practicing starts and running the forty-yard dash, while the distance men have been trying out their powers of endurance. The high jumpers have been practicing on alternate days and the hurdlers have also received some attention. In the weight events the work has been very encouraging, for a number of candidates have shown considerable improvement under the coaching of Mr. Quinn.