Grads.' Night of Delta Upsilon Play

The graduates' performance last evening of the Delta Upsilon play, "The Wise Woman of Hogsdon," a five-act comedy by Thomas Heywood, was successful; indeed the play was practically carried through without a break. With one or two corrections in the groupings the performance this evening should be most effective. In consideration of the fact that the plot is not strong and that the situations are not unusually well conceived the production as a whole was excellent.

T. T. Jones '06, as Young Chartley, a wild-headed gentleman, around whom the play centres, made the most of an adventurer's part. H. Kempner '07, as Boyster, was blunt enough to convince the audience that he had properly acted the part as conceived by the author. Taber, sir Harry's man acted by W. J. McCormick '08, was a most difficult part, and although a trifle overdone, it was highly amusing. H. M. Holmes '06, as Sir Boniface, and E. R. Brumley '07, as Sencer, conceived their parts well. Of the feminine characters, C. B. Wetherell '08 as the Wise-Woman, acted cleverly.

The first public performance of the play will take place the this evening at 8 o'clock in Brattle Hall. The play will be repeated tomorrow night in Potter Hall, Boston, and on April 5 in Brattle Hall.