Track Work During Week

For the past week track work has progressed steadily. The squad is being coached daily by Mr. Lathrop; the long distance runners being sent out in groups with a captain to each group and the sprinters being given light practice on the out-door track on Soldiers Field. The high and broad jumpers are reporting daily for practice in the basement of the Gymnasium, and the pole-vaulters every other day on the floor. If the ground is sufficiently dry Coach Lathrop hopes to give track candidates light practice next week in the Stadium.

Owing to the cold weather, there will be no hammer throwing or shot-putting contests today, but next Saturday and for two or three weeks after, these contests will take place on Soldiers Field, and cups will be given the winners.

The annual spring handicap games open to all members of the University, and the class games will be held in April, probably before the Easter recess, while the annual field day consolation games, open to all who do not make the team, will take place as usual about the middle of May. On April 28 the annual relay carnival of the University of Pennsylvania will be held at Philadelphia. Harvard will be represented by a 1-mile and by a 4-mile relay team of four members each. Men who do well in the class games will be given a chance to represent the University at the meet in Philadelphia. The dual meet with Yale on May 18, and the intercollegiate meet on May 25 and 26 will both be held at Cambridge.