LACROSSE SQUAD LEAVES

Tonight for Southern Trip.--Game with Johns Hopkins Tomorrow.

The University lacrosse team will leave Boston tonight at 7.45 o'clock for its Southern trip. The team will go by the Federal Express to Baltimore, where a game with Johns Hopkins University has been arranged for tomorrow afternoon.

On Tuesday the team will play the Mt. Washington Club at Baltimore and on Wednesday Swarthmore at Swarthmore. On Thursday the team will arrive at Philadelphia, where games have been arranged with the University of Pennsylvania for Friday and with the Philadelphia Lacrosse Club for Saturday. After this game the team will leave for Cambridge.

As the University team has played no regular games it is hard to judge its strength. The Southern teams, however, have been able to hold longer spring practice, and have all played at least one game.

For the last week hard practice has been held daily against a second team. R. Wynne M. '02 has coached the defense and D. P. Penhallow 4M. the attack.

The following 15 men will be taken on the trip: A. W. Rice 1L., R. E. Daniels 1L., W. S. Mendel 1L., W. T. Harrison '06, L. I. Neale '06, S. H. Ackerman '07, N. C. Comey '07, A. H. Elder '07, J. C. Prizer '07, F. W. Wead '07, E. S. Barber '08, P. B. Francis '08, G. H. Rand '08, B. M. Vance '08, and S. W. White '08. E. J. Wendell '07 will not be able to go with the team on account of a sprained ankle, but he will probably join the squad at Philadelphia in time for the Pennsylvania game.