Lacrosse with Johns Hopkins Today

The University lacrosse team will play Johns Hopkins University in the first scheduled game of the season this afternoon at 3.30 o'clock on Maryland Oval Baltimore.

The Harvard team began its season greatly weakened by the loss of experienced players through graduation and ineligibility. Of last year's team, only three men, A. W. Rice 1L., W. S. Mendel 1L. and S. H. Ackerman '07 are playing this year. New and inexperienced men have had to be developed for the other positions. Owing to the short time that the team has been able to hold outdoor practice, the coaches have not been able to develop much team play. However, the work during the past few days has been encouraging and gives promise of a good team later in the season.

Johns Hopkins has, as usual, a strong team and has already defeated the University of Pennsylvania this season by the score of 7 to 0. The chances of winning in the game today, therefore, seem to be in their favor.

The line-up will be as follows: HARVARD.  JOHNS HOPKINS. Daniels, g.  g., Blanck Barber, i.h.  p., Schmeisser Ackerman, o.h.  c.p., Erlanger Mendel, 1a.  1d., Meyer Comey, 2a.  2d., Raleigh Vance, 3a.  3d., Dill Francis, c.  c., Tough Prizer, 3d.  3a., Beyer Raud, 2d.  2a., Hudgins Rice, 1d.  1a., Frank White, c.p.  o.h., Knipp Harrison, p.  i.h., Pease, Mengel