H. P. C. UNDERGRADUATE NIGHT

At 8 in the Club Theatre.--Graduates' Night Performance Very Successful.

The undergraduate performance of "The Wanderer," the Hasty Pudding Club play, will be presented in the club theatre at 8 o'clock this evening.

The graduates' night performance of "The Wanderer" was given Saturday evening. No combination of chorus dancing and chorus music at the Hasty Pudding in years has equalled the brilliance and go of the 1906 theatricals. The book is not at all times equal to the occasion, but the dance songs and travesties follow each other so closely that the audience gets its impression from the excellent action and lyrics. The "Morocan atmosphere of the show, especially in the costumes of the Sultan's harem, almost deserves the term "climate."

Most of the 23 musical numbers, including the incidental music during the farcical football pantomime, have a contagious dash of professional quality. This reaches its climax in the two coon songs, "Toss out a Rose" and "I want a Sporty Man" and in the "Ballet" of the harem.

After the barbaric war dance of the opening chorus, the first hit was made by W. G. Means '06, as "Bang Bang", who sustained spirited comic action in both his songs and lines, although his voice failed at times to carry. S. D. Preston '06, is "Hustler, the Wanderer", sang "New York's the Place" and "When I Started Out" with engaging ease and jauntiness of manner, and showed considerable range in "Let's Sew" and "Back, get Back", in Act II. On several occasions the orchestra was a little too loud for the voices of the principals and the effectiveness of the lyrics marred by hurrying. The "Prophet" was well acted by J. J. Rowe '07, and his songs "Morocco" and "To Kill is Our Fate", were encored for their convincing interpretation. H. B. Sawyer '06 was graceful in his dancing and sang "We're known as the Harem" with spirit, but his acting was at other times uneven. One of the best numbers in the performance was the "Oh Gee!" duet by B. L. Young '07 as "Sally" and H. W. Nichols '07 as "Rhamam." H. D. Chandler '06 made a good comic opera Englishman, and A. M. Harlow '07 looked the part of the inevitable naval ensign.

The cast is as follows:

Public performances will be given as follows: at the club theatre, April 3, 4, and 5; at Jordan Hall, Boston, April 6, and 7. Tickets for the undergraduate performance this evening, open only to any member of the University, at $1 each, and for the public performances at $2 each, are on sale at Amee's, the Union, and the Co-operative, and also at Herrick's, the Touraine, and Young's, in Boston.

Ima Hustler, the Wanderer,  S. D. Preston '06Bang Bang, the Sultan of Morocco,  W. G. Means '06Guiko, the Jester,  R. M. Poor '06J. South West, an Englishman,  H. D. Chandler '06Captain Knott, U. S. Navy,  A. M. Harlow '07Ras El Nianar, the Prophet,  J. J. Rowe '07Slave,  A. G. Grant '07Ab Dar Rhamam, head of the Army,  H. W. Nichols '07Sally, an English girl,  B. L. Young '07Fanchetta,  H. B. Sawyer '06Blue Wagtail Birds,  R. S. Townsend '07  E. J. Fraser-Campbell '06Quartet, Murderers, Populace, Sailors,  Coons, Harem